Tuesday 25 December 2007

A giving Christmas!

A person close to me once said I was always thinking about myself a lot and I should give back to society a lil when I can. Well, those words always stuck in my mind and after a good 2007 of God's blessings, me and some of the Vrec family decided to visit an orphanage and just give those kids some cool presents to make them happy.

We didn't do it for any publicity or tax exemptions but just wanted to make those lovely children happy and excited about Christmas. Cos' kids enjoy the present part of Christmas best! We visited the Praise Emmanuel Children's Home (PECH) in PJ.

We were so surprised to see the children so well behaved and so filled with love. I must really give credit to Mr. Christopher, the founder and main man of the home. He runs four of these homes for orphans, abandoned and abused kids. The best thing is, he is very commited and teaches them very good values. The experience visiting the home really made us reflect on how lucky we are and how we should all try to give something back to the less fortunate.

The children were so happy when they opened their presents and the joy and smile on their faces made our day. However, Mr Christopher told us that only during the seasonal events that alot of people and organizations pay attention to these kids. During the "non peak" seasons (which is the rest of the year) most people don't care and just go on with their lives. Sigh, it was sad to hear that and we hope to contribute as much as we can. So I take this opportunity to ask everyone to try to do something for the less fortunate sometime in their lives as the joy and self fulfillment after doing charity beats any high in the world.

If any of y'all wanna contribute, you can checkout the link here . And with that I wish everyone out there a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!HAVE A GOOD ONE PEOPLE!GOD BLESS Y'ALL!


Santa Point giving out presents


Smile for the camera:)


The lovely kids opening their cool presents!


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

2 comments:

Diyana said...

such a kind soul.

u r a great person.

may u succeed much much more!!!

happy new year Point!

店小二 said...

Thx for that link and I finally found a site with a list of all charity organisation in need.

I will be taking part in donations soon. Happy new year.