Friday 6 July 2007

Canon supports Point!

Sometimes it pays to have 20 thousand plus peeps checkout your blog. The good folks at Canon started to pay attention and decided to support me with gear so I can blog even better. Every decent blogger needs a good digital camera for stills and a digital video camera for vids.

I couldn't be happier with my new sponsored Canon products really. I mean the brand has always been associated with great quality and performance and it really lives up to the hype. I got blessed with the awesome Ixus 900 Ti for my pics & the HV10 for videos.

These 2 products will be part of me constantly in my daily life to document everything from my road tours, performances, random pics, events, recording sessions, etc....

I have only had these 2 cool cams for a little over a week, and I must admit I'm already in love with em'. I don't leave home with at least one of them and most of the time during my recent trips and shows; they travel with my whole Voyeur Records team.

I decided to dabble in a lil' product reviewing and here are my personal opinions and reviews on these 2 great Canon products:-

IXUS 900Ti


One word, well actually two! Titanium & 10.0 Megapixels!!! It doesn't get any better than this! With the same metal Robocop is made of and picture quality that puts most other cameras (especially your so called 3.2 megapixel cameraphone) to shame, this digital camera is total coolness.
As part of the IXUS line, its slick design and slim build makes it so nice to hold in your hands. The super huge display screen is crisp and bright. Another plus is the battery life, as I did not need to charge it for days even though I used it quite frequently.

Picture quality is awesome as with any Canon cameras, and you always have the option to take pics with lower resolution to save space on your SD card. Both outdoor and indoor pics look great and I must admit the video shooting function has the best looking videos captured on a digital camera I have ever seen. No kidding. Point tak bias.

With a host of features which I have yet to learn in it coupled with a very user friendly navigation system, the Ixus 900Ti is definitely a great high end consumer level product. I highly recommend it along with the other IXUS line if you are planning to purchase a new digital camera.

HV10


Its 2007! You say camcorder, you gotta say HIGH DEFINITION after that or you're so yesterday. High Definition or HD for short is the new standard for most digital camcorders these days. Canon's HV10 was one of the first camcorders to offer HD to a consumer level.

What excited me with this model is that it uses mini DV rather than the recent influx of DVD camcorders. Sure DVD is cool if 'ur shooting home movies or just stuff for your own pleasure. I needed my camcorder to perform on an industry standard level. And so far, the industry standard for most video work is still the ever functional mini DV format. Production houses still edit with the format and personally I still like keeping my shots on tapes:)

The HD10 is so well built and the size is unbelievable. Very small indeed and very easy to hold on one hand. The video quality is really clear and crisp (once again cos'its Canon) and you have the option to shoot in normal DV mode as well. The camcorder also comes with a night light which lets you capture videos in darker environments. The standard ports like DV and AV are in it for your transferring purposes and it even has a USB port to transfer your still pics.

The still camera function lets you take 3.2 megapixel stills and also spots the optical image stabilizer function which means no more blurry pics:) Battery life is decent depending on how many functions you use at a time. The display screen is clear and is shaped in widescreen format so you can frame your shots better.

I love this cam and have so much plans to do a lot with it. Watch out for some of my upcoming music videos being shot with the HV10 Go get yours too!

And thats it! My reviews on my new darlings. If you see me in a show or something, holla at me to get your pic taken with any of these 2 products:) Canon totally ROCKS!!!and Point tak bias:P Please post comments on your experiences and views on Canon products!

12 comments:

Excaliber said...

X is the lucky user :) the cams size is small and user friendly, i do not need the user booklet to understand how to use it, the pics are nice
e.g. http://bp3.blogger.com/_D8Gdu2aEVG0/Ro0dNFS88BI/AAAAAAAABCQ/ESWTQMpVYZY/s400/TEST.JPG


Cannon SPONSER me 1 cuz I blog a lot, upload PICS a lot

the cams are bright yo',
it shows the coolness of a psycho
lol..

ArchDyeu said...

Heck yea canon rawks...!

I have a Ixus-70 myself, just recently bought at a canon promo in midvalley, and i've never left home without it. Quickly it has become one of my "3 things i could not live without", haha...

My opinion on it? Well, too long to write here, i'll be posting about my Ixus-70 on my blog tomorrow, i have a little more shots to get. But a short brief, i just love it, its the best. With:
* 7.1 Megapixels
* 3x optical zoom
* Advanced DIGIC III processor
* Face Detection AF/AE/FE
* Red-Eye Correction
* 2.5" high-resolution PureColor LCD
* ISO 1600 and Auto ISO Shift
* 17 shooting modes and My Colors
* VGA movies and Time Lapse Movie
what more can i want?

Say canon, got any HD vid cam's for me like point? Haha....
(worth a shot...... ;p )

ArchDyeu said...

p/s : Canon is aint gonna sponsor you one excaliber, cause they are spelled "Canon" and not "Cannon"....

Lame..................
Hehe....

Unknown said...

wow awesome! is there gonna be limited edition point blanc canon cameras?? coz i'm shopping around for a digicam. p.s. does your video camera have night vision? ;) hehe

QuirkyLilPrincess said...

can i work at V Rec just to use the cams???i'll probally camwhore myself than take pics of Point,hahaha

p/s X,u want ppl sponser u then spell correctly lar...
Alison

Bigcityb said...

hey when can we see some cool videos? :)

AF said...

Dude, I have a canon ixus 5. We canon-ites rawk bebehhhhhhh

Unknown said...

Man you need an editor for your review... tsk tsk..

Dolaya said...

it's always been a toss up between nikon and canon for me.

but after seeing the pics you've taken, i'm a sold canon fan!

unknown said...

I love the feature where you are able to choose any colour in your surroundings, and when you take a picture, everything is in black and white except the colour your choose. Did i explain that right?
or am i confusing you? you got this feature or not in your camera? mine damn terrer k...

unknown said...

wahhhhhh...i want a canon limited ipoh mali edition!!!

Dolaya said...

got limited edition point blanc camera meh?