Monday 12 February 2007

Out and about

Ok, February is the month I've not been so hard at work blogging. That's because I've been out and about hustlin' and networkin'. So here is my post on what I've been up to lately.

Recently I was at Laundry bar at the Curve, Damansara to catch a special performance by this NY based underground hip hop group called Voices of America. It was a 3 piece hip hop group consisting an emcee, a DJ and a female vocalist. The emcee was the one that stood out most and he was also a solo hip hop underground artiste who goes by the name of Chris Rel. Checkout his music here .I found out later that Chris used to go to school with famous hip hop artiste Saigon (so he claims). For those who are not familiar with Saigon, he is the rapper character under Turtle in HBO's Entourage series. Hip hop cats will know that he is signed by superstar producer Just Blaze under his Baseline Records.

So here I was, excited by the fact that I was 2-3rd degrees of separation from Just Blaze! I passed both Chris and his DJ my single so they could checkout what Malaysian hip hop is like. In the end, Voices of America and Chris Rel seemed kinda down to earth and real and they are really good too. Chris , if you reading this, holla at yo' boy back in NYC:)As usual, the whole usual gang at Laundry was present and DJ Nesh ( one of the best local hip hop/R&B DJ to me) rocked the crowd and we all had a blast.

Another thing that happened that’s kinda funny to mention is that I was invited to give a talk to some youths in Sunday school recently. I mean I'm no role model nor a holy type of guy but I agreed to do it because I thought it was about time I did something for the MAN above in return for all the blessings he gave me. I had to get up really early to make it (after a late night out at Laundry) and luckily I did. Half asleep and a lil' grumpy I managed to give an alrite testimonial to the teens there about the miracles of God in my life. I also managed to be all holier than thou:P and advised them to appreciate the good things in their life and that you can never be too cool for God. I am living proof of that. Special thanks go out to everyone involved at the CKK Subang Catholic Church and Sunday school for having me there. I’m looking forward to giving back to the youths and community. Gotta' balance out all my other sins and bad deeds youknowwhatimsayin?lol

Anyways, that pretty much what I've been up to besides work these few days. Nuff' said, bring on the pics courtesy of my new phone.



Point and the DJ of Voices of America


Point and Chris Rel (tallest dude at the back) and some members of local Tamil rap group Angniputra postin' up for the camera


Aaaaaaaa....(divine sound FX)I saw this while driving on the day after I gave my Sunday School talk. Is this a sign?

1 comment:

Schizzow said...

Hahaha cool weh. Point's Preaching. Aiseh. Haha anyways dah mula videoshoot ke belum bang? And JustBlaze's productions fuckin rawks. Most of them la. XD