Monday 29 January 2007

AF1 Party Day 4:- The Hitz.fm Party

The final day! This was the party that had the most promo as it was advertised on Hitz.fm everyday prior to the event. The reason? Hitz.fm played host to this final day party.

I must admit, I was a bit surprised at the crowd turnout considering the amount of promo and hype for this event. I think it is because of the over 21 admission rule that put a lot of listeners off. Nevertherless, the people at Hitz.fm did a good job and the party went well.

Popular radio DJs Ian, Brian and Adam C played the emcee bit while other newcomers such as Azura was spotted there. They had lots of "interesting" games to say the least and the crowd enjoyed themselves while winning lots of cool prizes.

The performers for the night were Samir, Joe FLizzow and yours truly. Samir went on first and did a good energetic show that also featured VE superstar Damien Shorty Soul. I stepped up next and felt that I did my best show as compared to the 2 other nights. Well, I guess 3 time's the charm:) I felt the crowd was waiting to hear Ipohmali live considering the good amount of airplay on the station recently. They were very supportive and were a great crowd to perform for. My 2 boys Schizzow and Uncle REAL did very good too and you guys will be seeing them a lot more soon in my future live shows. Joe took the stage last and did a good show too.

At the end of the night, I felt so relieved that the four days were finally over. But I also felt so happy and fulfilled as a sneakerhead and emcee to be involved in this great events. It certainly is a dream come true considering the Air Force One has always been my favourite sneaker. To have been involved in the 25th anniversary for the shoe in such a big way is a real honour.

Special thanks go out to everyone at Nike Malaysia especially Alison for believing in me and supporting the Point Blanc and Voyeur Records brand, my brothers at streething for makin' all this happen, my Voyeur Records team for takin' care of bidness, Hitz.fm for promoting the event and my songs prior to the event, all my fans and friends for their support and to anyone I forgot to thank, you know who you are:) Now bring on the pics..Phew....


Red is the new black(plus CNY also cominglar). The Voyeur Records familia!


Just doin' my thang


Just doin' my thang in cool dark blue lights, LOL


Schizzow doin' his thang


Me and Uncle REAL doin' our thang!


The TRUE stars of the whole event!


Mo' kicks


Still mo' kicks, last chance to see all this gems at once


One of the grails on display, if you are a sneakerhead you know this is super rare!


All sorts of limited white on whites!


Voyeur Records family, friends & fans on the night. WE are GROWING!!! Join the revolution!


In the end of it all, this Ipohmali boi just loves his hip hop, kicks, friends, fans, and more kicks! Thank you Nike Air Force Ones and Happy 25th bday!!!

2 comments:

Schizzow said...

Haha let me rephrase your words abit bro.. It certainly is a dream come true considering Point Blanc has been my idol ever since I heard you on Reefa's So High track, and to have been rocking the stage with you at the 25th anniversary party in such a big way is a real honour.

Thanks a lot man, and I really look forward to more opportunities of rocking the stage with you again. Lol.

Damns. I need to find that Reefa track back. Haha.

Unknown said...

Damn. look at them kicks.
I want to rock a VR tee.. can ah?
so chun wan.