Thursday 11 January 2007

Back in the studio

Its 5am and I'm not asleep yet. That's 'cos I just came back from the studio an hour ago and I've been replying emails and blog comments for the last hour.

I was back in the studio to record a song today. But this song is not somethin' from my upcoming album, well in the end it might end up in there as a bonus track, but for now it is a separate project. Here are 2 pics to give you a clue on what the song is all about:



Pic & clue No.1: Point recording in Platinum Studios





Pic & clue No.2: Point recording in Platinum Studios wearing....


And the million dollar answer is...a sneaker? Well, not just any other sneaker, it is THE sneaker(although Ivan Omar and other Jordan heads will protest). The infamous Nike Air Force One.

That's right folks, you heard it here first. Point Blanc is doing a tribute song for the Air Force One in conjuction with the sneaker's 25th Anniversary this year. It is a WET dream come true as I am a hardcore AF1 collector. I guess God does love me a lot for blessing me with this chance of a lifetime. The song will be available as a limited edition single that will be given out in the AF1 anniversary party to be held on the 25th this month. Looks like I will be performing in the event too. More info on the event when I get it.

Phew, its been a crazy but great week so far, I've got a STAR interview tomorrow at 2pm so I better end this quick and head to bed. Ah well, I guess tomorrow's another day to hustle. Good nite folks, wherever you are:)

Mad props go out to Wan aka Wordsmanifest of Rebel Scum for writing some good shit 'bout the singles. Peep it in the official Juice mag blog here

12 comments:

smashpOp said...

oh shiet. i recognise the red tshirt and the quiksilver pants. ahahha

u were here in astro yesterday. i was in the same lift with u when u were with bryan.

http://smashpop.net

Schizzow said...

Sounds awesome man
I wanna listen to the track! haha

Ivan Omar said...

All I can say is WOW!!!

Granted I am an Air Jordan addict but props must be given where it is due. And I agree with you Point, the Air Force 1's is the mother of all sneakers :)

I'll be looking forward to the single as well as your performance. I just hope I get invited though :(

And I need to represent so I'ma wear my AF1 Philippines!

Point Blanc said...

To jason. ahaha, like i never balik rumah mandi right?But i bet my kicks changed tho':)Truth is i got a couple of my VR shirts and I wear my denim pants more than once. Hope that clears that:)lol

To yung shen, you might be able to hear it sooner than you think, if all goes well, it should be up on the net as soon as next week. Keep peepin the blog on this...

Ivan, bro, are u serious about the invited part? or isit like a "saje" line, cos' I'll make sure you get invited and come on my list if you are serious. You gotta bring that Pinoy Uptown heat and break necks with them kicks. Holla back and tell me yo:)

Unknown said...

can i get a voyeur records t-shirt man? red is the shieet.

Jenifer Alicia Ooi said...

hey.. listened to ur single from the site. AWESOME sh*t. Love it max as im from ipoh and staying in KL now as well.

One thing tho.. can you post up the lyrics to both songs? wanna sing along la. And also, where can i buy your single? And when is the album releasing? wana buy and listen in the car while driving la. haha.

Local music rocks.
Hang on!

=)

Cheers.
http://jennihsurf.net

Ryan Chong said...

Hey!

OMG!I listened to ur songs since from this afternoon till now!One word,ROXX!!Both songs are ROXX!
Keep it on!

Hope to listen more song from u soon!

And oh yeah,i hope u can post up the lyric for both songs as i m VERY addicted to it!I wanna sing too! =P

And again..U are ROXX! =)

Peace!! V

Ivan Omar said...

Point: Just blog about you bro :)
And I'm serious about the invitation issues, you know how it is...

People, this guy here is for real!

Point Blanc said...

Yo Ivan, thanks for the blog post, I don't know what to say but thanks for the kind words, support and friendship.

I definitely will get you there, but I'm not sure how many extra I can get for you in terms of people you taking. No promises on that and will update you soon. But you're there fo sho'! Rock those Filipinossssss!!!

Unknown said...

Aiyah, no need blogger account. got Gmail can post already. dammit, I was thinking so mah fan.

Yo Point. big up for Ipoh yanz ah.
I'll be back in the place where it all started this weekend, getting BBP to pass me a few of yo singles.

Them Scaface AF1's you rocking. Damn you get to go to the AF1 25th Anni? I was checking out the NY stint and everyone got a pair of Anni white/whites and another fav pair.. that's two bloody AF1s just attending the party.

Keluangman said...

Man...yealor...get free kicks and party and shiet...Nvm, me and Funk Master Flexx here gonna bogey and break it down in Ipoh, babieee...

Hmm...was wondering whether Ipoh's 'pasar malam' got 'em AF1 Scarface or not? Maybe they have the "Niki" AF1 'Calar Muka' version la...Hahaha

Point Blanc said...

To Zac & Philip:
Ladies and Gents, these are my 2 closest homies from the hood, who were part of the Da Funk Squad legacy that started it all for me. Zack a.k.a. Master Flexx(not to be confused with the popular hip hop DJ) is or should I say was one of the illest bboys back in Ipoh with his signature "leg straight, no hands windmill". then one day he had a career threatening injury and he retired:)

Philip a.k.a Big Bro P or BBP(pls excuse the rap names, it was cool back in the early 90s)was the ladies man and my partner in rhyme. He could bust a few killer bboy moves too. But most of the time he supplied the strenght parts in tag team stunt moves:)Well, theses days he still a "ladies" man;P

Watch out for the short revival of mid 90s Ipoh underground hip hop group Da Funk Squad (DFS) in the upcoming Ipohmali music video. You have been warned.

Long ass p/s: Walau, wish I could go back too to join you guys and catch up, but I'm too busy this weekend. man, Hon come down KLlar with the Su for one daylar
go back early Sat, see your mums and all, then call BBP drive your ass down to KL together. reach by Sat evening..then we all chill and hanglar, you can stay in my place, BBP can stay in Klang(lol)it'll be fun:) then u guys can go back on Sun afternoon or evening, then u can catch the night bus back SG or take monday offlar:) Think about it dudes:)holla at me if you guys on:)