Wednesday 10 January 2007

Glad y'all like my songs:)

I've been busy these past few days since the songs were released on the internet. Hence the delay in new postings. I been replying mails, calling and returning important calls, went to pass the singles to the radio stations, TV stations, etc...
its been a crazy couple of days. But I'm lovin' it.

My main motivation has got to be the great response and comments from all the people out there for the 2 songs. As an artiste you are never sure if your songs are any good until people tell you that it is. Cos' most of the time most artistic people "think" that their own shit is the best thing in the world. Some of them are so idealistic and borderline idiotic that they stubbornly snub constructive comments when directed at them.

Luckily I'm a cynical self doubtin' realist. So even before the song was officially out, when I had great feedback from friends and family, I still wasn't sure. Cos' friends and family are biased. That’s a fact. Or some friends just can't tell it to your face that your shit sucks.

So the healthy amount of positive comments that flooded in made my day. I take this opportunity to thank every single person who logged on to the site and heard my music. Even if you hated it, thank you for giving a shit:) Special thanks to those that took the extra effort and posted on their blogs, flooded forums, bulletin boards, etc. You know who y'all are. I thank you sincerely from my heart.

For the peeps who want details, I got like 7000+ hits and 300+ unique visits on the first day alone. I had visits from US, UK, Japan, HK, China, New Zealand too. So to all that spreaded the word, all your hardwork paid off quite well.

The next step is makin' the song a nationwide genuine hit single. As soon as it hits the radio stations, it will be great if the people that like the music called in to request, log on their (radio station) sites and vote for it. Basically create a demand 'cos the stations got the supply lioa. And they LISTEN to what the PEOPLE want. So I hope I get another round of support in this part.

Some might ask, why should I help or give a shit? Well the thing with the music bidness is that everything is related. Here’s a short example:-

If people did all of the above (voting, request), the radio stations will open up to playing more local music because there is demand. When the radio picks it up, the major record labels sit up again and give a shit about local music. When major record labels open up opportunities, local artiste and musicians put more effort in making better music. And lastly consumers get better Malaysian made music and generally the local industry progresses. But the most important key in the end is buying.

So some people complain lots of local acts are not good enough to make them part with their hard earned cash, "just downloadlar" is the usual line. What they don't know is, if they don't buy then the local industry will die. Just read my example above and think of it moving backwards.

Back to the point( no pun intended), for those people that mailed me commenting that my songs made Malaysian music progress to the next level (they said it, I'm not claiming anything) please do support it and make it a hit. Then hopefully that sets a blueprint or bar for the rest of us to improve. And when that happens, hopefully consumers will want to pay for good local music again. And that’s some knowledge for your ass;) peace.

Special thanks to Brian of Hitz.fm for being such a great guy and going out of his way to take me around the ASTRO stations when he did not have to. You the man.



"Ipohmali" on all ipods around the world? "YOU CAN DO IT!!" (Rob Schneider style)

9 comments:

ChoonSeng said...

Point, really good work here. Kept pushing your songs to everyone I know on MSN... and finally I have a "hometown song" to swing with. Swelling with pride wei. Glad you're back.

From a long-time Ammo fan, and a fellow Ipoh guy.

Unknown said...

Point, I can't wait the radio to play ur stuff but 1 thing in my mind I hope I'll gt an answer from, is there any other way i can listen to ur song then keep on refresh ur webpage again n again juz to let the rhythm reflow ? any ways to keep the songs repeating itself hahahah

Senorita Valentina said...

Yo Point,
This post kinda sounds like something out of my economics class..hehehe..
Good explaination you've got there..
:)

~Tina~

Point Blanc said...

To Choon Seng, thx a mill for your support my fellow ipohmali dude. Lets hope all the ipoh chai are as proud of the song as you are:) Come get involved in the video shoot for the song. Keep checkin the blog for that info:)

To yiujing, the solution to your problem, contact Excalibur/X from the link on my blog and get him to hook you up with a copy of the limited edtion CD single pronto:)

To Antoinette, glad you found it educational, now pay me your skool fees;)

Take care all and God bless

Unknown said...

hey point,
new zealand represent yawww. Lol. The local music industry is dying, but you're like the saviour, and an inspiration to us underground cats. :) I guess the norms wouldn't understand how piracy kills unless they're an artist themselves.

Point Blanc said...

Yo Wormy,
I changed all the typos in my previous post regarding your group and names:)

NZ reppin' huh?I'm honoured by your kind words but I'm no saviour or anything man. I'm just doing mah' thang, grindin' and hustlin' or in Manglish, Cari makan!

I'm glad I seem to be inspiring you peeps, you guys are the future, I'm just showing the you peeps the right path to take. Take care and God bless.

Schizzow said...

great to hear about the response man, well deserved Point :)
ive been bringing the cd around and letting peeps listen whenever i've the chance LOL
you doing great man no worries :D

Diyana said...

ala wei, when can i get cd's to sell? seriously forgot to take a few copies from u the other day, ya lar, i left in such a hurry...

AbbyC. said...

love your music..
totally awesome.. KEEP ON ROCKIN!!
i wonder where i can get the cd? izzit in stores right now? =)