Friday 26 January 2007

Point @ the Air Force One 25 th Anniversary party!

Alrite guys, this was the moment I was looking forward to for the past few weeks. My first live show in a year. This was the moment of truth. The premier of my singles performed live and the unvieling of my AF1 song. Plus it was the Bday party of my favourite sneaker ever. A dream come true moment.

Almost turned into a nightmare though. Almost. 24 hours exactly before I performed on stage at 9pm, I was DEAD sick. I had a killer combo of food poisoning, high fever and flu. I was so sick I couldn't open my eyes, walk or talk. And I had to be the Ipohmali rap star the next day. I was panicking and breaking down mentally. Physically I was broken down. I optioned to go the doctor to get a jab but then realised that if I went to the doc he would put me on antibiotics and some strength draining drugs. And he would have asked me to rest for at least a day. I didn't have that luxury. So I decided to fight this on my own will, prayers and the force.lol. I haven't asked God for anything for a long time and this time I cashed in my coupon and prayed for a miracle. I needed one badly. Cancelling the show was not an option. This was not some other show. This was THE show.

In true Point Blanc fashion, God took care of me and with sheer will and determination, and LOTS of Panadol and Vitamin Cs ( and Poh Chai Yins) I broke the fever and held the flu. Big ups to my most loving parents for taking time to nurse me back to health. I love you Mum and Dad. I wasn't 100% but at least I could walk and talk with some ease. Good enogh condition for me to try to rock the mic.

The night was great. It was what it was, the 25th anniversary party for Air Force One. Nike and Streething did an awesome job. I met lots of peeps I knew from the scene and many more. I performed KL Lheng Chai, Let Yo' Air Force Shine and Ipohmali. The crowd was supportive but were a bit uptight cos' this was the "superstar" coorporate party. Everyone was "maintaining" a bit. So not much hands up in the air. But they were cool. Big ups to my hypemen Schizzow and Uncle Real holdin' it down. I gotta admit, Uncle REAL blew me away. This was his first ever show. Mounted with pressure he came through good and better than I expected. You the man Seng!

The night proceeded to some real hip hop tunes courtesy of DJ Nesh and I chilled with Yogi B and co. When the Boombox and Voyeur crew get together we are legion baby:)Everyone had fun and I was most happy that everything went well.Here's to the 3 other parties:) For those who don't know, I'm performing for the Streething and Hitz one both on Sat and Sun. Catch me there if you got them invites:) Without further due, here the pics from the hottest party of '07 so far:) AIR FORCE ONES BAYBAYYYYY!!!

Special thanks go out to Alison from Nike, Choo Ee and Edwin of streething.com, my Voyeur Records team especially my manager Bie for holdin it down, my hypemen Schizzow and Uncle REAl, Major RE, my publicist supergal Tasha and all my my friends and fans. And my mum and dad for being there when I needed them:) If you think thats cheesy, then screw you :P


The Voyeur Records entourage: from R to L:-Major R.E., Schizzow, Uncle REAL, Point, Bie & Tasha


SOME of the kicks on display...I need to break those glasses:)


streething peeps spotted at the event. Uncle Nike Culture representin'!!!


The LUX anaconda Air Force One. For auction, starting price RM7000!!! Buy cool shoe or put downpayment for new car..hmmmmm


KL Lheng Chais:- Point & Uncle REAL


Tiny stage but Big Ass show! Point and REAL rockin' the mic!


Point and Schizzow tellin' people to Let their Air Force Shine!!!


And then telling' peeps to be proud if you ipohmali!


Confessions of a Sneakerhead blogger and good friend Ivan Omar showin' love! Glad you had fun Ivan:)


Pout your lips to look mean for the camera. Point and superstar DJ/VJ Ian of Hitz.Fm


Hey kids, its the guys that did the Monay, Monay song! Poetic Ammo and Reefa!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Dayummmm. Must be one hell of a party and I wished I was there. Look at them AF1s...dayum.

Anyways, point, get well soon man!!

Unknown said...

let yo air force shine let yo air force shine let yo air force shine, just dont scuff mine.. :D

Schizzow said...

Hohoho
You kicked ass Point! And you gon' do it again tonight for sure.

Senorita Valentina said...

Alamak....
I missed the PARTY!!!!
Dang...
:(

~Tina~

Senorita Valentina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GRAJ said...

Hi Nicholas, Good to see you doing well after a long time. All the best. regards.