Thursday 4 January 2007

AMMO 4 Life !

Ok, I gotta make this clear once and for all, since now I got a blog to voice out my opinions and all. I AM still with Poetic Ammo. The group still exist. Yogi B and me are still great friends...more like brothers since we practically spent most of the last decade together.

We are just taking time off to pursue our solo projects. If you are a hip hop head, think Methodman doing Tical when he was and still is the Wu. To the more commercial heads, think Beyonce, Kelly and Michelle when they did their solo albums but were still members of Destiniy Child.

Somehow this concept is hard to grasp for people around this part of the world. When you belong to a group before and then do something solo people automaticaly assumes you left the group or the group no longer exist. i can't blame them though cos' most musicians in these parts do that. But we are an exception.

I think its safe to say that Poetic Ammo to me personally is more than just a group or band. It is my salvation, my dreams, my family, my means of sucess, thats why I always say AMMO 4 life. Because even if one day I'm no longer in the group, AMMO will forever be a part of my life. A huge part.

Poetic Ammo made me a man. I was 16 when Yogi picked me and Postive Tone signed me. Poetic Ammo opened so many opportunites for me in my life and showed me a world and life I could only dream of. Most importantly it put food on the table and I could take care of my family from it.

So I AM part of AMMO even when I am 80. Even when Poetic Ammo the hip hop group retires permanently from the face of the world. AMMO is Point Blanc's life.

Less melodramaticly, the group is healthy and well. Yogi B did very well with his Tamil hip hop album. He went gold in just 2 months of his album releasing. That is considered a miracle for this decaying music industry. And all this without any MAJOR promo. I must say the Tamil hip hop scene is thriving and well, most importantly the consumers of the music are BUYING!!! Checkout www.vallavan.com.my for more Yogi B & Nachatra info!

And the other half of AMMO, namely myself, is doing what I'm doing which you can read about it all here.

Ok, now I know what you guys are thinking. What about the ex members? The brothers Landslyde and C.Loco? It is a weird situation for me personally, because when they first got out of the group we were still in talking terms. Then one day I saw Slyde in some event and I put my hand up and he just cock stared back. Same for his bro. We use to own a gameshop together years ago and exactly like his elder brother, one day I said hi and he looked through me. Personally, I don't know whats up with them, but it will be stupid of me to still go talk to them or put up my hand first after being treated like that. So yeah, I have not spoken to them in years. Last I heard most of Loco's new stuff has some AMMO dissing lines in it. Personally I think thats whack. Its like you're dissing yourself. Diss me, diss Yogi..if you dare..but don't diss something you were part of that made you who you are today. Lets face it, without AMMO I'll still be that chinaman from Ipoh and you guys the regular joes from Kajang. I last saw Slyde shaking hands with Yogi in a LUCT event. Funnily he didn't come say hi to me. Maybe I don't have a great album out yet. I dunno.

I hope this clears everything to ppl reading this blog. Personally, I'm so sick and tired of explaining all of the above to everyone I meet who knows about my music background. It really is tiring and gets repetitive.

So as Point Blanc always says "AMMO 4 life!" I hope our fans think it too:) Now go buy my album when it comes out:P



Poetic Ammo circa 2004

5 comments:

neotrax said...

its great to hear ammo is still rapping.

hell cares abt those guys when you n yogi still make ammo fans proud.

keep up the good work and waitin for your new album.. cheers!!!

Point Blanc said...

Thx for the support and comments Neo:)

Unknown said...

Is that like your dad's shirt in that pic.. man the good ol days

MelodyAnne said...

long live Ammo!

Unknown said...

poetic ammo without c.loco..? sound like ammo without shell..